Online pre-registration for ALL returning students must be completed BEFORE the start of school
Online pre-registration for ALL returning West Orange – Cove CISD students is open for the 2018-2019 school year. Parents of current WOCCISD students are asked to enter Family Access, our parent portal, and begin online registration by verifying, updating, and submitting student information. The parent listed as the primary guardian must complete the process.
Households that are NOT currently utilizing Family Access, must complete the Family Access application process before they will be able to participate in on-line registration. Hard copies of the Family Access application form are available at campus offices and at the WOCCISD Educational Service Center. Application forms are also downloadable from the WOCCISD website: http://www.woccisd.net/apps/pages/family_access_materials
Once a parent completes the application form, submits the application to his/her child’s campus in person (with identification), he or she will be emailed an access code and username in order to begin the online registration process through the Family Access Parent Portal.
If a parent does not have access to the internet at home, computer stations are available at our campuses to assist with the online registration process. Computer kiosks are located at the West Orange – Stark Elementary, Middle, and High Schools.
Campus computer station accessibility for parents/guardians will continue throughout the school year.
The advantage of online registration is that parents will only need to submit personal information one time; as opposed to, completing a form for each child. We appreciate the support of our parents and community as we implement online registration for all current students.
Questions regarding registering for Family Access can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, answers to frequently asked questions regarding online registration can also be found at the bottom of this page, as well as step-by-step directions.
Students who most recently attended another school district and plan to enroll in WOCCISD will continue to enroll student(s) through the campus counselor’s office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is online registration?
- Registration for returning students is conducted online only. Parents/guardians must complete student information forms (that are normally sent home in a packet the first week of school) via Family Access. This will allow a parent to complete the majority of forms one time only in multi-child households.
- Please note that the online registration process requires an existing Family Access account. Families that do not have an account must complete the application form to receive an account and submit that paperwork to the campus BEFORE beginning the online registration process. Paperwork must be submitted to a campus, with accompanying identification.
- What is the definition of a current or returning student?
- If your child was enrolled in WOCCISD on the last day of the last school year, then your student is current /returning. All other students will be regarded as “new” even if they have attended WOCCISD in the past. New students will still complete the registration process through the campus counseling office.
- What is new about this year’s online registration?
- Two years ago, WOCCISD began conducting pre-registration for returning students online. Parents/guardians were asked to complete a small number of online forms and the remaining forms were completed in hard copy format through forms sent home by the campuses. This year, ALL registration forms must be completed online.
- How does the online registration process work?
- Read the step-by-step guide on this page for more information.
- What if I need help?
- If you need immediate help with the Family Access Registration, email email@example.com for support. Campuses will have computers with internet access available for parent use in August. Dates, times, and locations will be announced soon.
- How do I know when my current / returning student is registered?
- You will be prompted to “Submit” the registration information when every step has been completed.